The True Meaning of Success
Have your say… leave a comment below after you read!
The true meaning of success is worth pondering, as most of us wish to experience greater success in our lives. Understanding what success means, in real terms, is a huge first step towards attaining the success we desire.
The dictionary defines success as either the accomplishment of an aim or purpose, or the attainment of popularity or profit. These definitions are accurate enough, but in seeking to understand the true meaning of success, there are some aspects of these meanings that need to be considered.
The most important qualification that I feel needs to be added to the first explanation of success is that the aim or purpose must be one that is truly of our own choosing. Accomplishing an aim that is set by someone else’s standards of success will not bring the satisfaction that true success offers. And attaining popularity or profit is also well and good, if this is what we truly want. True success can be accomplished in as many different ways as there are individuals seeking this success. What feels like the pinnacle of success to me may feel totally unrewarding to you, and vice versa. Success is a deeply personal matter, and this is why what may appear to others to be enormous success in the life of someone famous is only real success if it feels wonderful to them.
I would like to suggest a definition for the true meaning of success that is in congruence with the powerful Law of Attraction. One of the premises of the Law of Attraction is that success can only be attracted by holding the feeling of success long enough to allow the physical manifestation of that success to follow. Noticing the current absence of anything you are seeking to attain can only keep attracting more of that absence. In keeping with this principle, here is my thought of how to describe the true meaning of success; Success is a feeling of utter satisfaction at having allowed your deepest desire to become manifested in physical reality by training yourself to expect and believe that it is possible and inevitable that you can and will have this thing you want.
Here are some principles that will allow you to experience true success in every area of your life.
- Being clear about what you want and accepting that this is a valid choice. Defining success in your terms, rather than feeling that you need to live your life according to what other people think you should do. The most amazing accomplishments feel empty if they are not aligned with our deepest desires.
If your greatest wish is to be rich and famous, then by all means, dream it, allow it, experience it, and enjoy it. However, your dream is to back-pack around the world, then accept that doing this is the true meaning of success for you, and ignore anyone who turns up their nose at your choice. If they were busy focusing on creating their own rich and successful life, then they wouldn’t have time or focus to be sticking their nose in your business anyway!
Keep in mind, too, that no desires are mutually exclusive. Don’t think that your backpacking dream precludes you from the rich and famous dream if they are both things you truly want. It is entirely possible to have and do both, and any others that you can conjure along the way.
- Being excited about knowing what you want and believing that you can, will, and deserve to have it. Feeling great about what you want is such an important step to having it. When you have the sweet smell of success wafting around you as you contemplate the amazing life that you are creating, then that success is already yours. If you are more inclined to experiencing the bitter taste of disappointment when the whole dream doesn’t instantly manifest, then in those moments, you are only a match to more feelings of disappointment.
- Recognizing every little step that you take towards what you want and enjoying the process, rather than waiting for the final result before you feel the reality of your success. For example, reveling in the completion of the first page of your book, instead of waiting to see it in the bookstores before you start enjoying the feeling of success. Success breeds success, so the more you can enjoy every little piece of movement towards what you want, the more momentum you will gain.
- Acknowledging that you have created the success that you want and deserve; relishing it, rather than shrugging it off as chance or luck. Failing to take the credit for everything that is happening in your life puts you in a position of powerlessness. Waiting for circumstances to shape your life is not the path to success. Lay claim to the appreciation for everything good that you are creating and reinforce your belief that you can and will continue to create, attract, and allow wonderful things in every area of your life.
- Knowing that you have created success in this area of your life, and that you can and will do it again and again. When you are consciously aware that the success you are experiencing in any area of your life is the concrete result of your own deliberate thoughts, words, and actions, you gain absolute certainty that you are capable of repeating this process in any and every aspect of your life.
- Feeling your instant success in every moment that you deliberately choose to feel as good as you possibly can, and opt for thoughts and feelings that align you with all the success you want in your life. Every time you decide to feel hopeful rather than doubtful, in that very moment you are experiencing true success, as you are not only allowing the things that you are hoping for to come closer to your reality, but you are consciously aligning yourself more with the true nature of who you are; a radiant, confident, utterly successful being, in love with life.
With this understanding and practical experience of the true meaning of success, the real, genuine success that is your natural entitlement will not be inevitable at some point in the future, it will already be becoming evident all around you in this very moment.
To dare to succeed is surprisingly difficult for many people. Uncovering the barriers that are holding you back from success is vital to a successful journey, and the ability to cross the finish line.
Fear of success may seem like a bogus idea; I mean why would we fear something that we want, and we all want to be successful don’t we? Well, most of us do, but that doesn’t mean that the idea of success can’t be scary at the same time.
A success mindset is an outlook that allows accomplishment to flow to you easily and naturally. It eliminates barriers to this achievement, and attracts the necessary components for success to you.
What is success, really? There are many aspects to success, but most of them are much more about the feelings, and less about the physical manifestations.
Success quotes give us encouragement to keep trying and remind us that success is largely a result of persistence. Some of these quotes help us to view failure in a more positive light, and to be willing to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and start all over again, with the wisdom that we have gained.
Encouragement quotes remind us that in seeking success and happiness, offering strengthening words of hope and support to those around us, and also very importantly to ourselves, is one of the best things that we can do.
To plan to succeed is to have a concrete idea of how to get from where you are now, to where you want to be. The first step in making this plan is, of course, to decide where you want to be. One of the most crucial elements in achieving success is to have a vivid vision of what you want to experience in your life.
Passion quotes highlight the power of this spark which fires our enthusiasm for life and sweeps us from blah to brilliant by sharing the thoughts of some very passionate and influential people.
Never giving up is the true secret to success. We can cultivate this ability to persist which separates the shining stars from those who don't make it past the first couple of hurdles.
While overnight success may seem like a dream come true, there is much in favor of working towards, and achieving, success gradually in various aspects of our lives.
Helping people succeed is the natural outcome of providing optimum value in whatever you do. This a wonderful way to attain success in your own endeavors while making others’ lives better, too.
Personal life coaching can help you transform any area of your life. Book your discounted
discovery session today!
Back to Choosing Life My Way Home Page from The True Meaning of Success