Spiritual Life Coaching
Have your say… leave a comment below after you read!
Spiritual life coaching focuses on the mind-body-soul connection, and emphasizes the need for our spirits to be honored in the way that we are living our lives.
While there are many practical aspects to any kind of life coaching, with spiritual coaching, getting in tune with your soul, spirit, or higher self is a central aspect to the process.
It is important to be aware that you do not need to follow any organized religion to benefit from spiritual life coaching.
Spirituality is about being in harmony with the essence of who we are; placing equal or greater importance on what goes on inside of us as outside.
It is also about feeling connected to a higher power (whatever name you give it is immaterial) that is bigger than any one individual, and as a result, feeling connected to humankind as a whole. This is a very different experience of life than living with the feelings of alienation, competitiveness, and inadequacy that the superficial values of society often instill in us.
Having a belief in a higher power connects us with our source. Being a ‘self-made’ person is not only a lot of pressure, but goes against the law of nature. We did not create ourselves, and our continued life on Earth is a gift.
Spiritual life coaching is based on the principle that there is a power far stronger and more loving than our rational minds can comprehend, but which we can feel in our hearts if we allow ourselves to do so. This Power is the collective body that we, as individuals, are cells of. It is infinitely more powerful than we are as individuals, and yet we are part of it. This means that we are far more powerful and divine than we can usually accept on a rational level. If we accept and nurture our connection to the body of which we are cells, rather than trying to function completely independently as isolated cells, we become stronger, more loving, and more whole than we could have ever imagined.
Developing and maintaining a strong spiritual connection can help take the weight off your shoulders and ease the feeling of having to do it all yourself. Whatever the strength of your current relationship to the highest part of yourself, spiritual life coaching can help you learn to connect with the spiritual part of yourself and the universe on a regular basis.
Spiritual life coaching also helps you to:
- Develop trust in yourself and your inner knowing.
- Learn to accept that you are valuable, not for what you do, or how you look, but because you are a part of the great whole. Self acceptance is accepting that you are a human being with flaws and plenty of room to grow, but that at the same time, you are unbelievably amazing.
- Nurture real self love by honoring and valuing yourself in your thoughts, your words, and importantly, your actions. Not knowing how to love yourself is, in fact, one of the deepest causes of any and all unhappiness.
- Avoid feeling disconnected by nurturing a strong connection with your higher self. This in turn allows you to develop more loving connections with others.
- Tune into your connection with the loving universe that is always ready to nurture, help, and guide you if you only ask and are willing to receive the answers. Develop this connection with powerful affirmative prayer.
- Find what you need from many resources by trusting that whatever you need in any moment will come to you. Take note when it does.
- Paint beautiful visions for the future, but learn to live fully in the present moment.
- Focus on the good in whatever is happening, but not to the point of accepting what is not acceptable. Find a balance by keeping a generally positive outlook without suppressing and denying negative emotions.
- Value your dreams and goals. Learn to accept that you deserve to have the things you want and dare to dream big.
Important aspects of spiritual life coaching include learning to;
- Listen to your emotions and your body. They give you valuable information about whether your actions and thoughts are in tune with your spirit.
- Create and nurture inner peace. Finding inner peace truly is the key, not only to living a happy and fulfilling life, but also in helping create a ripple effect of peace and love that reaches out into the world at large around us.
- Develop new ways of problem-solving by using problem solving exercises that help you tune into the source of inspiration and guidance that is available at all times.
- Be gentle with yourself. This is a really important and difficult one. Most of us are so harsh on ourselves, and need to learn how to truly accept, value, and love ourselves on a deep level in order to stop being our own worst enemies.
- Let go of the past. This is something that can take a lot of work, but it is so important. We create such internal conflict by holding onto thoughts of ‘if only,’ or ‘what might have been.’ It isn’t and it wasn’t. We can either stay trapped in a prison of regret and wishful thinking, or we can learn to patiently, and decisively ‘let go of our wish for a better past.’ The only thing that we have total control over is our reactions in the present moment. Learning to make good choices in each moment shapes the way our future will be.
- Make your spiritual growth a priority in your life and look for the higher learning that is available in every experience. Be ready to learn and grow, and trust that ‘when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.’
- Accept that the greatest learning and growth can often be gained from the most difficult experiences. We all have challenges or difficulties in our lives, and the choice that we have to make is whether to become discouraged and bitter from these experiences, or whether to gain something positive (in the form of increased understanding, courage, strength, patience, or gentleness) from even the worst situation.
- Stop trying to be all things to all people, and just be.
- Realize that the most fulfilling and greatest achievements come when you stop driving yourself so hard. Tune into your deepest wishes, learn to let your special gifts and talents flow through you without trying to force them to come out in the way your mind, or society, tells you they must be expressed.
- Develop your ability of keeping the faith when the going gets tough.
Spiritual life coaching is all about learning how to live your best life by embracing the hidden, yet most powerful aspects of your being. Spiritual life coaching teaches you to look within yourself for the infinite wisdom that you possess as a beloved child of the universe. Spiritual life coaching is whole-of-life-coaching that helps you to nurture the essence of who you are as a unique and priceless human being. Book a discounted life coaching discovery session and talk to me about how we can work together to create a wonderful, empowering balance in your life.
Words of Spiritual Encouragement
Words of spiritual encouragement can remind us that we are always connected to a divine and loving power, that our lives have meaning and purpose, and that there is nothing we cannot handle in life.
Gratitude Quotes Help Us Affirm We Are Blessed
Feeling and expressing gratitude not only allows us to enjoy our lives and the miracle of our existence, but prepares us to experience and enjoy even greater blessings.
Inner Peace Quotes for Cultivating the Sanctuary Within
Inner peace quotes assist us in cultivating the qualities that bring deep and lasting peace of mind. They remind us to nurture the connection with our own spirits to create the sanctuary we desire.
Great Spiritual Quotes to Live By
Great spiritual quotes help you develop and nurture a deep connection to your own spirit, and to the world you live in, and enjoy the power, peace, and sense of belonging this connection can bring.
Self Improvement Articles and the Myth of Self Improvement
What self improvement articles often imply is that it is our Selves, rather than our habits or behaviors that are somehow inadequate, and that there are external standards that we need to achieve in order to experience happiness. On the contrary, the best way to improve our lives is to tap into, and uncover, the strength, power, wisdom, and goodness of our Selves.
Back to Choosing Life My Way Home Page From Spiritual Life Coaching